We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pub/place to eat close to the station.

Hilleroed
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Pub/place to eat close to the station.

I am going to Northampton for the last home footballgame of the season on the 27. of April.

Could anyone please recommend a good place for me to have some dinner before the game.A pub would be great so i can get a nice pint with my meal.

I would prefer it to be close to station or in the direction of Sixfields Stadium as i will arrive by train 17.27 and do not have that much time.

Cheers

Torben

Denmark

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
261 reviews
1. Re: Pub/place to eat close to the station.

I usually try tell.com for these queries - the Thomas a Beckett looks to be on your route and there are links to a website. I hope you get a better informed suggestion too !

Northants, UK
Level Contributor
308 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Pub/place to eat close to the station.

Hi,

I am a season ticket holder so I can offer advise.

The nicest pubs tend to be in the vilages surounding Northampton and you will be a little pushed for time. So you could either have a drink in a pub in the town and then make your way out to Sixfields - or you could go directly to Sixfields and eat there as it is a leisure complex with lots of choices.

If you're set on the idea of having a beer, I would suggest the following town pubs. Have a look at streetmap.co.uk

The Black Lion, Black Lion Hill (closest to station - 0.1m)

The Malt Shovel, Bridge Street (0.6m)

The Jolly Crispin, Great Russell Street (0.6m)

Feel free to ask anything further, see you there!

Jane

x

Uk
Level Contributor
70 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Pub/place to eat close to the station.

Hi,

Some of the pubs suggested dont serve that nice food. It depends what sort of food you are after , if you like more modern pubs, the white hart pub in far cotton would probably be better. Probably cost you about £5 taxi ride from train station, still quite close though.

Another popular pub which serves food as well is called fat cats on bridge street and you could walk from the train station in about 10 minutes.

Hope this helps,

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,624 posts
26 reviews
4. Re: Pub/place to eat close to the station.

I would suggest making your way to Sixfirelds and getting something to eat up there. The other suggestions take you away from the ground and time is already short.

Thomas A Beckett can be fairly rough on mathcdays.

The bowling alley at Sixfields is the away fans pub and they serve food, it is god awful though (the bar not the food).

Sixfields Tavern is a home fans pub, it also serves food but it will be absolutely packed.

I would suggest the Red Rover opposite the rugby ground, it is on the way from the station, I dont know if it serves food but it is a nice place to get a drink

Level Contributor
34 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Pub/place to eat close to the station.

Hello Brondby

I agree with Fatchris.The time you arrive at the station it would be best to go straight to Sixfields.If you leave the station and walk to the road directly in front of you turn right and you will go over the bridge and just follow that road it will take you direct to the stadium.Be careful where the road splits in two a little further on and follow it to the left and you will pass the Franklins gardens rugby ground.It should take about 30/40 minutes.Alternatively take a taxi from the station.Sixfields tavern is decent food and if you get there at about 6.oopm you should be ok.Also several other eating places all around,I hope this helps and you see a good game to finish off the season.

6. Re: Pub/place to eat close to the station.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 03:19
Get answers to your questions about Northampton