We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

distance to town centre

bedfordshire
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Topic
distance to town centre

Can someone please tell me how far is it from Marriott hotel to the town centre, and if not far, is it safe to walk at night.

France
Level Contributor
685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: distance to town centre

It's not particularly close to the town centre and there is a huge roundabout, dual carriageway in between. I wouldn't try walking it at night. Have you read the reviews of this hotel on TA? They're not very complimentary about the place.

bedfordshire
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: distance to town centre

Ok thanks i will have a read

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: distance to town centre

Its about 5 to 10 mins in a taxi,Not Safe to walk. it would be hard to find a place nearer to the town centre that was nicer, the Marriot has be done up so its not too bad now, food is ok, went for a christmas do and was not dissapointed, The Park inn is in the town centre, but I would say the Marriot is of a higher standard, if you have any other questions please ask as I live in Northampton, Its not a great place though and plenty of places are better!

Northants, UK
Level Contributor
308 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: distance to town centre

As others have said, you would not want to walk to the Marriott from town. I have been to lots of courses there and I think it's quite nice and the food has always been very good for this sort of place.

5. Re: distance to town centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Northampton