We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Slate Hall Riding Centre

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
682 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
Slate Hall Riding Centre

Hi

Has anyone out there ridden at Slate Hall Riding Centre? My daughter wants to go on a beach ride and was considering their two hour ride. Any comments on the beach ride or the stables in general would be much appreciated!

Essex
Level Contributor
28,413 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Slate Hall Riding Centre

Looks decent on their website.

I did not, however, fiind them listed on the BHS website (my usual first port of call for finding riding stables for peeps) so guess they are not 'approved' by them.

Does not, however, mean this is a poor place, just that maybe they just have not been checked out by the BHS yet!

www.bhs.org.uk/Riding/Find_Where_To_Ride.aspx

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
682 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Slate Hall Riding Centre

Hi

Yes - it looks fine on their website and we've checked out their bone fides! Sometimes even the most approved riding schools with fantastic websites offer hacks and rides unsuited to the riders - daughter had the most boring walking/ trotting hack out in Wales a couple of years ago even though they said it was for experienced riders, hence it would be good to get a view from someone who rides there. Thanks for your input though.

Essex
Level Contributor
28,413 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Slate Hall Riding Centre

Hope you get the info that you need, looks like something I should consider to do myself, next time I'm lucky enough to get up to lovely Northumberland again!!

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
682 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Slate Hall Riding Centre

Let me know if you do - we have reasonable accomodation in the most gorgeous backofbeyond.com location!

Berwick-upon-Tweed...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Slate Hall Riding Centre

I did a beach ride with them several years ago and throughly enjoyed it. The weather was nice, you hacked along the back roads to get to the beach and then dropped down and rode along a stretch were there aren't many people allowing you to canter etc.

In fact when i visit the area next week I am thinking of booking a ride again.

Hope this helps

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
682 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Slate Hall Riding Centre

Thanks so much for your feedback! We go up on 11 August, so if you do ride next week would you mind giving me your impressions?

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
682 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Slate Hall Riding Centre

Just thought I'd post an update on Slate Hall Stables. Daughter rode from there last week on the 2 hour beach ride. The first 10 minutes (ish) of the ride was on roads leading to the beach. She said it was a great ride, with a mix of walk, canter and 3 gallops. As observers the school suggested we drove to Bamburgh and park at the bottom of The Wyndings to see the ride. We did this and walked along the beach back towards Seahouses and saw the group on their outward and return journey - we were able to get some decent photos. The 2 hours cost £50. Recommended.

8. Re: Slate Hall Riding Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Northumberland