We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motorhome stop overs!

yorkshire
Level Contributor
65 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Motorhome stop overs!

We have hired a motorhome for September - Has anyone got any suggestions for 'must stop' over areas or Campsites! It is the first time we have hired one ... so any suggestions would be appreciated :0) (it is only a small van) Thankyou

Harrogate
Level Contributor
219 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motorhome stop overs!

It is a good few years since I was there but you could try Beadnell Links. When I was there it was primerily a site for large residential vans owned by people from Newcastle area who came up for the weekend but had a few touring pitches. Consequently it was very quiet during the week outside school holidays. It is right on the sea shore and only a few minutes drive from Seahouses. Due to lack of ambient light it is a good place for stargazing if the weather is clear.

A lot may have changed since I went so make your own enquieries but it is somewhere to start looking.

Oakham, United...
Level Contributor
2,664 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Motorhome stop overs!

Look at http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk

also

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/forums.html

campsites:

www.motorhomefacts.com/modules.php…

At Mororhomefacts there are busy forums you can read and search for lots of information. You have to pay £10 to post messages or search, but it may be worthwhile joining.

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,542 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Motorhome stop overs!

Being a member of the Caravan Club would give you loads of lovely places to stay. They have a 5 van a night policy at their smaller Certificated Locations which makes them very quiet and peaceful.

Oakham, United...
Level Contributor
2,664 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Motorhome stop overs!

Or the competing Camping & Caravan Club. In practice many of these sites will let you stay even if you are not a member.. and you may get temporary membership with your van hire.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
65 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Motorhome stop overs!

Thankyou SO much for your reply's! I will get researching!! Really looking forward to our little adventure! Thanks again - you have been very helpfull :)

Amble...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Motorhome stop overs!

THE WELLWOOD IN AMBLE

you can stop over in my pub car park there are no hook ups but there is fab food and ale, we are in the motorhome pub stop over book.

Cheers

7. Re: Motorhome stop overs!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2014, 07:19