We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chimney pot pub?

Taunton
3 posts
Save Topic
Chimney pot pub?

I'm looking for a pub i visited years ago, i think it was called the chimney pot or the chimneys? It was up a very steep hill (1:3) i think it was near pickering. Can anybody help me out please.

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chimney pot pub?

There's a place called Rosedale Chimney in the area, very steep bank. Some pubs in the area too - White Horse and Milburn Arms. Does this ring any bells?

Wetherby
Level Contributor
209 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chimney pot pub?

Morgana may have hit the mark: The White Horse Inn ( now called the White Horse Farm Hotel )in Rosedale is a little way up the steep "Chimney Bank " on the edge of the village of Rosedale- but Chimney Bank gets much steeper (to 1 in 3) beyond the pub. http://www.whitehorserosedale.co.uk/

Thre following description, together with the picture of the pub from their website might jog your memory: If you were walking up hill to the pub from the centre of the village, you would cross the River (The River Seven) swing slightly to the left , then start to climb. The pub would be above you to the left, about 250 yards from the river, just off the tarmac road you are climbing ,on a flat gravel lane that branched off the road to the left.There may be a 1 in 3 gadient sign near there ( I can't remember)- but the steep part of Chimney bank is beyond the pub (which is the last house of the village) as the road climbs up on to the moors.

1 in 3 hills are not that common- the only other one I know off in the N York Moors leads down to the sea at Robin Hoods Bay- but not as near pickering as Chimney Bank

Taunton
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Chimney pot pub?

hi guys, thanks for the replies. they were appreciated a lot. i think u were right in regards to the white horse, but it possibly had another name all those years back which i were the confusion stemmed from. thanks again.

4. Re: Chimney pot pub?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2017, 23:17
Get answers to your questions about North York Moors...
Recent Conversations