We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Blists Hill Victorian Town or Black Country Living

Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Visiting Blists Hill Victorian Town or Black Country Living

Hello to all

We are family with 2 girls: 9 and 4 years old

We will be visited Peak District region in August 2013; already have booked an apartment near Ladybower reservoir.

I have doubts about visiting Blists Hill Victorian Town or Black Country Living Museum.

Both are worth a visit.

Both are 2 hours from the apartment.

I don’t know which one to choose?

I Would be very grateful if someone could answer this for me :-)

Thank you in advance

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,759 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Blists Hill Victorian Town or Black Country Living

Firstly, could you tell us a bit more about where you are staying because the area around Ladybower is very rural and not where I would expect to find an apartment for rent (cottage possibly, but not an apartment).

Secondly, Blists Hill and the Black Country museum are nowhere near the Peak District and the journey from Ladybower to get to them would not be an easy one (and would probably take much more than 2 hours). Where are you coming from to get to Ladybower as it might be better to call in at one of these museums on the way ?

Finally, as both Blists Hill and the Black Country museum are in the West Midlands, if you are really set on visiting these places, you might getter a better response if you post your question on the West Midlands Forum here tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g186401-i385-Wes…

P-t-B

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,759 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Blists Hill Victorian Town or Black Country Living

Apologies - I have just realised that you are probably staying at Ladybower Lodge which is a very interesting and unusual recent conversion.

However my other comments in the post above still apply.

P-t-B

Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Blists Hill Victorian Town or Black Country Living

Thank you very much for your quick reply

4. Re: Visiting Blists Hill Victorian Town or Black Country Living

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2014, 06:18