We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Day Lunch

England
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Topic
Christmas Day Lunch

Can anyone suggest somewhere for Christmas Day lunch in the Sutton-in-Ashfield/Mansfield area please, not tooooo expensive? I live about 85 miles away so I don't know the pubs/restaurants in the area very well. I will be staying with my Mum for Christmas day and I would like to treat her to lunch out.

Thanks in advance

UK
Level Contributor
35 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Day Lunch

This place won an award at the Nottingham Restaurant Awards this year. I've not been, but have heard good things about it. It looks like good value, but it's not clear from the website whether it's open on Christmas Day.

http://www.lambsatthemarket.co.uk/index.php

England
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Day Lunch

Thanks for that RuthieR. It certainly looks impressive from the website. I'll email them and ask if they're open Christmas Day.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Day Lunch

If they do not do it a peice of advise do not go to the King and Miller or The Snipe, both of which are on the A38 at Sutton I have had several meals there and both were horrible, on the other hand the Fox and Crown in Skekby is very nice and I think they are doing Christmas dinner from around £29

Nottingham
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Day Lunch

The Lambs at the market looks fab...I rang them but they are not open Xmas day! Im looking for somewhere to anywhere around the Nottingham area finding it really hard...any suggestions would be great!

notts
Level Contributor
179 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Day Lunch

Dont bother with Lambs it is overratted in my opinion

If you can go a lttle further we went to Moda inn Hucknall last year and the food and atmosphere was great

6. Re: Christmas Day Lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Nottinghamshire