We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sundown adventureland

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,892 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
sundown adventureland

we visited this hidden gem of a childrens theme park during term time so it was quite, it seems popular with school parties, it is about 15 mins from the A1 markham moor junction on the A57,

it has a age limit of 10 yrs so there is no restriction on the rides, it is not like white knuckle rides of adult parks but gentle rides for the under 10's,

it is set out into themed area's and all buildings can be explored, the houses are built to small sizes with rooms to look into and most have climbing equipment inside to check out,

there is a water barrel ride similar to rapids but not as fast, but you do get squirted with water,

a farm ride on tractors through different farm themes and country sides,

a ride set in sherwood forest and themed with goodies and baddies,

the wild west area has a rocky mountain railway through a themed area, it is not a runaway train,

the food we though was good, some fast food area's but most people had packed lunches as there is seating area's all over the park, loads of open areas and very clean, plenty of adult and childrens toilets, all were very clean and well looked after with baby changing facilities,

it is a no smoking site but it does have designated area's set around the park,

it does not have any live animals but lots of automated one's,

we spent about 4 hrs there and for a flat rate of £10 good value,

alan

Edited: 13 July 2011, 20:31
Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sundown adventureland

Alan, seeing your post has taken me back a good few years. We lived in Grantham when my son was young and Sundown was a regular trip (he's 22 now!!!) There is a coach company in Grantham that runs regular trips to Sundown if own transport is a problem. Agree with you, it's a hidden gem and it doesn't sound as if it's changed too much from when we used to go.

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,892 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sundown adventureland

hi chris,

it was my granddaughters day of school as it was a teacher training day or holiday as i call it, i was looking for somewere to go as we have done all the local days out, up here in teesside its a bit thin on the ground, i found this one by accident on the internet, it took us just under 2 hrs but we thought it was worth it, as she is 4 yrs old it was ideal for her as she could touch, play and go on all the rides with no worries, its the first place we have been to were there is no signs saying do not touch or keep out, we could not beleve how clean it was, no litter etc, as it was for children, it says something about teenages,

its good to think somebody is thinking about the younger children so they can have some fun.

alan

3. Re: sundown adventureland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2014, 18:16
Get answers to your questions about Nottinghamshire
Recent Conversations