We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed and breakfast at Long Eaton.

Which Nottingham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Bed and breakfast at Long Eaton.

Last year I spent a few days at Long Eaton staying at The Europa Hotel. Big Dave and Luke were very helpful with advice re transport. I wish to return next year but I dont fancy that same hotel. Are there any other affordable B and B in that area?

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,471 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bed and breakfast at Long Eaton.

You came all the way from the other side of the world and stayed at Long Eaton????

You will not find a lot of choice of accommodation since very few people would want to stay there!

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bed and breakfast at Long Eaton.

Like aardvark10 I don't know many hotels in this area.

There are several near the M1 motorway Junction 25 at Bostocks Lane - Novotel, Ramada, Posthouse/Holiday Inn. These are about a mile out of Long Eaton centre and are mid-price chain business hotels. According to Active Hotels the Novotel does rooms from £49 - the midweek price seems to be £71 including breakfast.

The addresses of out-of-town hotels in TripAdvisor are often quite poor and it is hard to get them updated, so I recommend you follow this query on smoothhound.co.uk. This website has never heard of Long Eaton so try the postcode NG10. This gives the Lawson Lodge about 400 metres from the town centre, plus the Europa and the others listed above. Lawson Lodge seems to be cheaper and a little less well appointed than the Europa, which as you know is on the main road.

An alternative may be to stay in Beeston, Derby or Nottingham near the railway station and catch a train when you need to be in Long Eaton.

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bed and breakfast at Long Eaton.

St Andrews in Beeston looks quite nice, its on smoothhound with a brochure to look at, it may be what you are looking for about 2 miles from Long Eaton.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bed and breakfast at Long Eaton.

Thank you both so much for a very prompt reply. Well I have a girl friend who lives there and we a couple of oldies kick up our heels in L.E. just for a couple of days. I could stay with her but like to be independant. Lawsons lodge does NOT have ensuite which is a must for me. Those other hotels ie Novotel are too far ( I think) for me to walk and slightly out of my budget. Just how long would it take to walk to say Asda in L.E. from Novotel if I could get a room for 49 pounds? Then I could have breakfast in Asda. I live in a world class beach holiday part of Oz, and can walk to surfers paradise but as an ex London lass I find places like L.E. refreshing and welcoming apart from the lack of accomodation available. If push comes to shove I will endure the Europa again. I believe it has changed hands from Indian to Chinese, not that that bothers me.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bed and breakfast at Long Eaton.

I will later look at those websites Big Dave.

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bed and breakfast at Long Eaton.

It is about a mile and a half into the town centre to Asda on Midland Street and there are a couple of cafes near Midland Street too..

Nottingham
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Bed and breakfast at Long Eaton.

A taxi from either the Holiday Inn or Novotel would probably set you back less than a fiver, we usually get a cab from Sandiacre up to Long Eaton on a friday night and it's about £4.

8. Re: Bed and breakfast at Long Eaton.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 15:19
Get answers to your questions about Nottingham