We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest train Nottingham to London

Which Nottingham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
72 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Cheapest train Nottingham to London

I will be travelling from Nottingham to London on the 15th of December. I would like to book a cheap train with as minimal changes as possible. Can any body recommend where to find this?

So far I can only find a 11 pound fair (this fair is on all Virgin, midland trains and the trainline websites). Can i get one cheaper???

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
13,872 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest train Nottingham to London

That sounds a cheap fare to me, and is likely to sell out if you wait longer. The only alternatives I can suggest are megatrain.com (you will still be travelling on a virgin train) or a coach - try National Express website.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,075 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest train Nottingham to London

£7 good enough for you?

According to www.nationalrail.co.uk there are plenty of fares of £7 one way that day

The company BTW is East Midlands Trains

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
976 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest train Nottingham to London

Megatrain don't go to Nottingham, so that (I am sure intended) helpful suggestion isn't.

Fares on Midland Mainline (usually direct) are from £7 and on GNER (changing at Nottingham) from £13.35. The former you will find on any rail website, the latter on GNER and (slightly more expensive as GNER give a small discount on some of their own tickets) on all the others as well.

There are at the moment plenty of trains with the £7 fare - just try a later or earlier time if they don't show up at first.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
976 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapest train Nottingham to London

Sorry - that's changing at Grantham for GNER......

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
72 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheapest train Nottingham to London

Thanks everyone for your help! I have now found the 7 pound tickets :)

Sorry i seemed a little fussy but conversion rates from Australian dollars to british pounds is crazily bad!!

UK
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheapest train Nottingham to London

Where did you find that 7 pound ticket to london?

I am travelling from london to nottingham and returning one week later. Could you help me find that ticket?

Jas

UK
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheapest train Nottingham to London

Hey,

Where did u find that 7 pound ticket. I am travelling the same way from London to Nottingham and need cheap tickets.

jassy23

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,458 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheapest train Nottingham to London

This thread is two years old Jassy, so the £7 tickets may not be available now!

G31
Minden, Germany
Level Contributor
967 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheapest train Nottingham to London

Hi,

the cheapest tickets advertised are now £12 one way. You have to prebook online and availability is very limited. If you have found one for £11, I would book soon. It is a good deal and wont get any cheaper. Most trains from London to Nottingham are direct and require no change. There are a few where you will need to change once but I would go for the direct one, there are several connections an hour.

G

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheapest train Nottingham to London

Megatrain have now started running between London and Nottingham and there and fares can be as low as £1 each way. (eg most trains on 20 October)

Get answers to your questions about Nottingham