We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport

singapore
Level Contributor
158 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Public transport

I would like to visit my son who's studying in University of Nottingham. I will be staying at Breadsall Priory (a Marriott hotel) using my club points and would like to know how to travel to the uni from the hotel by public transport. Can someone help?

Wollaton Hall and Park
Architectural Buildings, Historic Sites, Natural History Museums, Parks
Nottingham trams
Mass Transportation Systems
City of Caves (Tigguo Cobauc)
Historic Sites, Caverns & Caves
Nottingham
Level Contributor
163 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport

Your best bet is to head for trentbarton.co.uk for details of their bus services. Looks like the H1 would take you into Derby, then the Rainbow 4 goes to Nottingham, and passes the University as it heads into the City. Their drivers would be able to tell you where you need to get off. There is an all day Zigzag ticket avaiable after 9am for £4.60.

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,907 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport

Actually I don't think that it is as easy as that as the only bus that goes close to Breadsall Priory appears to be bus 59 operated by Doyles Coaches - see derbysbus.info/times/…059D_100328.pdf .

If you take bus 59 into Derby, you can then take the frequent "Red Arrow" express coach to Nottingham (see http://www.derbysbus.info/times/timetables/RANT_100328.pdf), although where you get off this will depend on where you plan to meet up with your son (who may prefer to meet you in the city centre rather than at the University itself !).

Phil-the-Bus

singapore
Level Contributor
158 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transport

Thanks to both of you for the prompt reply. May I know how long it takes to travel between the two places by public transport in terms of time? Thanks!

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,907 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transport

Breadsall Priory to Derby takes about 20 minutes by bus.

The red Arrow coach from Derby to Nottingham takes 30 minutes.

Hope this helps.

Phil-the-Bus

5. Re: Public transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2010, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Nottingham
Recent Conversations