We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed - will I make this flight or not?

London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Help needed - will I make this flight or not?

Hey guys,

I want to go to Dublin in Novemeber for a weekend fri night to sun night with Ryanair.

There is a flight out of East Midlands at 17.30. However I dont finish work until 3.20pm. I live 28mins away by car from the airport (i'd get a cab) and would only have hand luggage so will have nothing to check in.

Would I make this flight ok do you think or not?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Wollaton Hall and Park
Architectural Buildings, Historic Sites, Natural History Museums, Parks
The Arboretum
Nature & Wildlife Areas
Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
11,221 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help needed - will I make this flight or not?

Should be easy.

Providing you have booked in on line and printed off your boarding card you.

If the journey to the airport takes nearly an hour it leaves enough time to go through security and get to the departure lounge.

Have a good stay.

Graham.

Essex
Level Contributor
30,173 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help needed - will I make this flight or not?

If you live 28 min from East Midlands Airport, why does your profile say your location is London??

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,604 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help needed - will I make this flight or not?

You have asked this question twice in the Derby and Nottingham forums. East Midlands Airport is in Leicestershire and always has been.

Mentioned in this post
Leicestershire
Leicestershire
England, UK
G31
Minden, Germany
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help needed - will I make this flight or not?

Hi,

I am confused as to why you are asking the question. You obviously know how long it takes you to get to the airport. Add 10 minutes for car parking, if you stay in the long term car parks just next to the terminal. 20 minutes max to get through passport control and security and 5 minutes max to find your gate. so, yes, perfectly doable with hand luggage only. That is, if it takes you 28 minutes from your workplace to the airport .....

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
43,004 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help needed - will I make this flight or not?

Lou also asked this question on the UK forum where I suggested she posted in forums for towns near to the airport so that locals with more local knowledge could offer more accurate help.

Essex
Level Contributor
30,173 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help needed - will I make this flight or not?

Them's like us know why you 'dunnit' adamhornets, but it ain't arf tedious having 3 threads going with the same title on the UK/England/London, Nottingham or Derby forums, depending on how HIGH up the tree you can be bothered to look!!

Lotsaluv

EW

Edited: 14 August 2010, 23:44
7. Re: Help needed - will I make this flight or not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2011, 06:18