We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nottingham racecourse- ladies day?

Which Nottingham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
120 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Nottingham racecourse- ladies day?

Anyone been to ladies day at NOtts racecourse? Considering it for my birthday, but not sure what package to pick etc.

cheapest package allows access to:

Parade Ring and Winner's Enclosure

Betting Ring

Grandstand Steppings

upgrade to £25 and get

Grandstand Enclosure Admission

· Raceday Programme

· Pint of Lager/Bitter, Glass of Wine or Soft Drink

· Pie and Peas

· £2 Totepool Discount Betting Voucher

or further upgrade to access the premier enclosure...

any ideas? Im lost! We were thinking of taking a picnic for food..

my main question is what the difference between the basic option and the £25 'grandstand enclosure' option. what is the grandstand enclosure? also thinking of going on ladies day when there is a band playing so not sure if this will be accessible by all tickets?

anyone whose been would v much appreciate advice!! thanks!

yorkshire
Level Contributor
355 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nottingham racecourse- ladies day?

hi sazzler we go every year

firstly its a great day out (weather permitting) wwhere ever you are you will not miss anything

the only differance is from the grandstand you are not in the best enclosure

you will be able to upgarde on the day anyway

but all racing compettiions best dressed lady best hat bands ect are all accesable with a grandstand badge

my advice would be to arrive early especially if the weather is good

regards straw bear

ps any more help you need post a reply

UK
Level Contributor
120 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nottingham racecourse- ladies day?

Thanks a lot for your reply! Do you usually take a picnic or just eat there?

Is it expensive? On our package it looks like we'd get a small , snack-type meal but dont think that would last us all day! haha

how much do you tend to spent on the day (obviously i knwo betting can be as expensive as you want it to be!!)

thanks again x

UK
Level Contributor
120 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nottingham racecourse- ladies day?

Hi again.... Worried about the forecast :( is there anywhere indoor if it rains?? Thx

yorkshire
Level Contributor
355 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nottingham racecourse- ladies day?

yes thier is a number of bars inside if the forecast is for rain take a brolly

straw bear

Gujarat, India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,931 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nottingham racecourse- ladies day?

Hope the weather is ok for your race day, and have a great time enjoy!

Straw bear....The horse with your name(!) he used to be a favourite of mine..

yorkshire
Level Contributor
355 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nottingham racecourse- ladies day?

it won the christmas hurdle at kempton the day after boxing day 4 years ago

but done nothing since

its like me knackerd

Gujarat, India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,931 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nottingham racecourse- ladies day?

...last saw him at Newcastle quite some time ago now........not as knackerd as poor old Dessie, bless him in the great stable in tthe sky!

Leicester, England...
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nottingham racecourse- ladies day?

I recently went to the Family Day at Nottingham racecourse with some friends and I would not recommend this place at all. Firstly, there is nothing "Premier" about the Premier enclosure - its basically a pub with only 3 tables (seating four people) and a large space with a bar on the end of it and a view of the finishing line. Note that I went on "Family Day" and the premier enclosure was filled with drunken yobs and lads out on a stag night - not exactly an exclusive crowd to spend the day with your kids. You'll end up walking through empty pint glasses on the floor and wont be able to hear yourself think with the noise of drunken yobs yelling at each other (and thats when the race isnt even on!) We had the bistro package - the bistro was not staffed properly, with youngsters left to serve and having no clue what they were doing. The food was horrible - I had the pork loin roast - which was the dish of the day - the pork was bone dry, the vegetable were undercooked, the gravy was lumpy and the place was untidy and our table was dirty. The waiters and waitresses were miserable - not one smile or attempt at good service - don't waste your money if you fancy a nice day out with the family in an exclusive environment thats a cut above - Premier? Absolutely not - more like Inferior.

9. Re: Nottingham racecourse- ladies day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2012, 14:37
10. Re: Nottingham racecourse- ladies day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Nottingham