We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to travel from Nottingham to Heathrow on 5 Aug 2011

Nottingham, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Best way to travel from Nottingham to Heathrow on 5 Aug 2011

I am to travel from Nottinham to Heathrow to catch a flight at 11 a.m. on 5 August 2011. What could be the best option to travel the same day to reach Heathrow by 8 a.m.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,382 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to travel from Nottingham to Heathrow on 5 Aug 2011

There's a train at 0451 changing at Loughborough and St Pancras and then the underground and arriving at 0758. Fare £31.50 advance single but buy now as that will go up.

There's a coach at 0410, no changes, arr 0735. Fare round £40

Nottingham
Level Contributor
163 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to travel from Nottingham to Heathrow on 5 Aug 2011

It only takes one delay and you will miss the flight. I would not want to be on a coach that was scheduled to arrive just 25 minutes before you need to be at the airport.

Only £29 for a room at a Travelodge overnight - and must be less stressful to stay over, and possibly cheaper if you get a discount train fare to London the day before you fly ?

…travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/…

nottingham, england
Level Contributor
936 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to travel from Nottingham to Heathrow on 5 Aug 2011

I agree with FilbertFox.....!! We drove down to London on Monday, and the roadworks on both the M1 and the M25 delayed our journey by nearly an hour..I certainly wouldnt want to risk that if I had to catch a flight!

You are definately better off travelling down the evening before and staying at an Hotel near to Heathrow.

Either that, or a taxi from Nottm to Heathrow will cost you around £150 - £200. And if you decide on the taxi option, I would leave nottm at 04.00 at the latest.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
163 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to travel from Nottingham to Heathrow on 5 Aug 2011

Tinker, off the thread topic, but if you have to do that journey again by road then try M1, M69, A46 past Coventry then down the M40. Misses out all the roadworks and probably best route at moment

nottingham, england
Level Contributor
936 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to travel from Nottingham to Heathrow on 5 Aug 2011

Thanks for that Filbert ! We did try 'asking' the satnav to give us an alternative route!..and did consider actually coming home up the A1 !!, but as we were coming home at night, we decided to risk it...and coming back up to Notts wasnt anywhere near as bad at night!

But Im going down again in September, so will definately consider your route for then!..thanks x

6. Re: Best way to travel from Nottingham to Heathrow on 5 Aug 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Nottingham
Recent Conversations