We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel info to the Capital FM Arena

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
travel info to the Capital FM Arena

I'm attending a show on the 26th May.

I'm staying in Daybrook and I'm wondering if the road/route along the A60 Mansfield Road down to the arena is safe to walk i.e. pavements etc.? If so how long does it take to walk?

I don't want to take the car down to the arena as I will be meeting up with mates in a few pubs before the show.

I could probably get a taxi or a bus down to the arena during the day but the main event doesn't finish until close to 1am and I'm unsure if a) there is public transport available at that time and b) if they will stop in Daybrook.

I may have to prepare myself for a walk and 1 or 2 in the morning and I'm wanting to know how safe it is.

Wollaton Hall and Park
Natural History Museums, Parks, Architectural Buildings, Historic Sites
Nottingham trams
Mass Transportation Systems
City of Caves (Tigguo Cobauc)
Historic Sites, Caverns & Caves
nottingham, england
Level Contributor
936 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel info to the Capital FM Arena

http://www.nctx.co.uk/buses/?doing_wp_cron

Hi there...Its a pretty long old walk into town from Daybrook!..about 3 miles, and will take you approx 45-60 mins. Yes it is a safe walk..main road and pavements all the way..and going through Sherwood High Street.

However, we have a pretty good bus system in Nottm..including the 'late night' buses..You will need the Lime Line to Arnold (whereabouts in Daybrook are you staying?)..but even if you end up in Arnold center itself..Daybrook is only a couple of mins walk from Arnold.

If you decide on a taxi..the fare will be about £5-6 from town to Daybrook. There really isnt any need to trek !!..and personally..I wouldnt want either of my boys walking on their own back from town at 2am!!

I posted a link to the Nottingham City Transport timetables...and can recommend a good taxi company in Arnold if you like!.Have fun.

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel info to the Capital FM Arena

Hi thanks for the response.

I'm staying at the Premier Inn.

A good taxi company would be handy also but would they come down to the Capital Arena to pick me up to me back to Daybrook (especially at that time) or would I have to order one closer to the arena?

If I took the Lime Line that would be bus number 56?

Edited: 04 May 2012, 15:39
nottingham, england
Level Contributor
936 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel info to the Capital FM Arena

Hello Again!

Yes, the taxi firm I can recommend will pick you up from the Arena- No problem..and they are based in Arnold (which is next to Daybrook)..I will PM you their number.

The Lime Line No 56 does do a late night service...but goes literally 'round the houses'! You would be better with the No 58, and get off at Sainsburys Arnold. The Premier Inn is literally at the back of Sainsburys on the main road.

Any other questions..dont hesitate to ask...

Nottingham
Level Contributor
163 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel info to the Capital FM Arena

Agree with Tinker23 on this one - taxi definitely the best option, they can pick up at the bottom of the steps on the Lower Parliament Street side of the Arena and also not too far to Daybrook. I wouldn't recommend walking back at that time of night.

5. Re: travel info to the Capital FM Arena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Nottingham