We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nottingham Trent University

Which Nottingham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
Save Topic
Nottingham Trent University

Hi,

I have been invited to interview at Nottingham Trent University but I started searching the area and it seems unsafe/rough around the area?

Has anyone any insights/experiences in living in the area or attending the uni?

Thanks.

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
4,565 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nottingham Trent University

the area around the Uni is fine for general safety although parts of Nottingham have a big drugs problem with associated burglary and car crime. Most of Lenton is ok, the Park is v.nice (although prob not on a student budget). I'd recommend you at least take a look and then decide later.

there is a website called www.police.uk where you can get official crime stats for any particular area

Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nottingham Trent University

Thanks for that!

Nottingham
Level Contributor
163 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nottingham Trent University

I have not heard of major safety problems for students in the city, as long as they stay sensible and streetwise, but this forum might be a good place to put your questions and concerns, and hear what current students in the city have to say about their experiences in Nottingham www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php…

Nottingham
Destination Expert
for Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
370 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nottingham Trent University

Yes as FilbertFox1 says there are no general safety issues around Nottingham Trent. There are a small number of areas to avoid in the city, like there would be in any UK city. Nottingham Trent city site is right in the centre of the town, so I guess security risks will be increased. Despite Nottingham`s reputation I have felt perfectly safe here in the last 30 years. We have been victims of car crime twice and a house burglary once. I don't think that is much worse than you would expect anywhere. I certainly would avoid the Meadows, St Anns, and parts of Sneinton and Radford ( which is very close to Nottingham Trent). My view is that this is a great city to be a student.

Cambs
Level Contributor
628 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nottingham Trent University

My son was at Nottingham University (not Trent). He lived for a year in the "most burgled street in Britain" and had no problems. He spent 3 years living in student accommodation in Lenton and never had anything happen to him, though he did see a knife incident when visiting a friend who lived in Radford.

6. Re: Nottingham Trent University

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 01:41
Get answers to your questions about Nottingham