We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice Student Bars - For a date

Which Nottingham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Nice Student Bars - For a date

Where are some cool, relatively quiet bars (or even pubs) in the centre where I can just relax and hang out with friends or take a girl out on a date to?

Been to places like Spanky Van Dykes and Brass monkey, any other suggestions?

Thanks

Edit: How is saltwater bar/restaurant? Is it still open?

Edited: 09 May 2012, 16:17
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
392 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice Student Bars - For a date

Hello. Saltwater is still open, I was there a few weeks ago when we had a day with some sunshine. It's a lovely place to sit and chill in the sunshine on the balcony.

Another great pub with a fab outdoor area is the Sir John Borlaise Warren. It's slightly out of the centre, but very easily walkable: www.sirjohnborlasewarren.co.uk/?page_id=6

Bars and pubs around the lace market such as the Pitcher and Piano are relatively quiet in the daytime. Try The Keanes Head, just around the corner from the Pitcher and Piano, it's a lovely little pub.

Pubs around the train station (waterfront) include The Canalhouse (this has a canal running through it) and a good selection of bars surrounding the canal.

If you like real ales, head up Mansfield Road. There are loads of pubs and restaurants up there. the Lincolnshire Poacher is my favourite - great food and beer.

Have fun.

Jx

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
59 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice Student Bars - For a date

Fat Cats is a good bar right in the centre of Nottingham too and they do 2 for 1 offers on cocktails often - they have comfy sofa and bar stools to chill out in and also do great food and student offers.

The Ropewalk is also quite good for students as it's on the way from Lenton to town, and students often go there for drinks with friends

The suggestions by J above though are better for dates, and I've been taken to Pitcher and Piano myself by my boyfriend for a quiet meal and drinks and loved it

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice Student Bars - For a date

for the ultimate student bar look at the Ropewalk, good food, beer and decor and close enough to town that you can extend the night

4. Re: Nice Student Bars - For a date

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 02:16
Get answers to your questions about Nottingham