We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking to get out of London for a few days

Thousand Oaks...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Topic
Looking to get out of London for a few days

Am looking to break up an 8 day trip to London by getting out and seeing some of the country. Want to know if this idea makes sense or if there are better suggestions. Day one: Looking to grab the earliest train out of London to York figure we will hopefully arrive noon or about. Check in drop off stuff then rent a car and go to Hull to see the aquarium there ( one of the three of us traveling read about it and is very keen to see it) Come back to York have dinner there see what we can in town. Day Two Walk the walls in York check out a few more things turn in the car and catch train to Nottingham arriving early afternoon if that is possible. Check in drop off see sights. Open to suggestion. Day Three Meet other son's train for family pilgrimage to Warhammer World, then head back to London arriving evening.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking to get out of London for a few days

I'd drop off the car after your trip to Hull on Day one if you are spending most of Day Two in York, there are lots of things to do in the city without driving. Parking in York is no fun.

Have a good trip!

Nottingham
Destination Expert
for Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
382 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking to get out of London for a few days

Well I am not a huge expert on trains, but.....I am pretty sure you could take the train from London to Hull, then Hull to York ( avoiding the parking problems) and then the train to Nottingham. Saves backtracking and if you book in advance train tickets can be pretty cheap. So things would go something like this....early train to Hull, ( leave London at 7.22 would get you in to York at 10.00am with no changes) do the aquarium, afternoon train to York ( 1 hour), stay in York...enjoy York in the evening and morning then train to Nottingham ( 2 hours). You would have an early evening and morning to enjoy the delights of our city before Warhammer World! Certainly a plan to get off the beaten track a little , I think that is great! No car needed at all and much less travel time!

3. Re: Looking to get out of London for a few days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Nottingham