We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay near Great Milton?

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay near Great Milton?

Hello - I wonder if anyone can help me? I'm planning to dine at Le Manoir in early June as a birthday treat, and would very much like to spend the night somewhere locally. Of course if would be lovely to stay at Le Manoir itself, but I was hoping to avoid a second mortgage and find somewhere for about £80-100 per room.

Does anyone have any recommendations of somewhere a cab journey away from the restaurant?

Thanks

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay near Great Milton?

Best Western have some Hotels (Top end of your budget):

bestwestern.co.uk/search/searchresults.aspx…

A B&B (Well within budget):

http://www.stapletonschantry.co.uk

Malvern, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay near Great Milton?

We have just stayed at the Mole & Chicken just outside Thame which would be about a 15-20 minute drive from Le Manoir. A great gem of a B&B at £65 a double. I have just written a review of this place too (should appear soon?) Room we had is large and functional with plenty of character and a fantastic pub/restaurant right next door. So if you still have room after the fine dining of Le Manoir (I have eaten there so know you are in for a treat!) the breakfast at the Mole and Chicken is just right.

Shillingford
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay near Great Milton?

We are approx 7 miles from Le Manoir, room rate is Ãã79.50 BB inc vat

Kind regards

Alexis

The Kinfisher Inn

www.kingfisher-inn.co.uk

London, United...
Level Contributor
338 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay near Great Milton?

We ate at Le Maior, it is fabulous.

Like you couldn't afford the second mortgage for the room, we stayed at the Bat and Ball in Cuddesdon, the room was about £60, although not huge. Its about £7 in a taxi toLe Manior, thepub booked it to get there, and Le Maoir arranged it on the way back once we had finished eating (we were taken by back their car!!), and if you still want to eat breakfast was good the next morning

Great Milton...
Level Contributor
5 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay near Great Milton?

Try telephoning 01844 278326 a private house in the village which takes paying guests. One twin, one double. Le Manoir also have its contact details if you telephone them.

6. Re: Where to stay near Great Milton?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 01:18