We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jamie's Italian

Manchester
Level Contributor
348 posts
262 reviews
Save Topic
Jamie's Italian

Hi –

Whilst we are in Oxford for the day we were going to try and have lunch at Jamie’s Italian depending on the queue. Does anyone recommend that we do this or are there better places for lunch?

I have heard different opinions on this restaurant, some saying it’s over rated and others saying that it’s excellent.

Thanks

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,078 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jamie's Italian

We think it is great at Jamie's but there are lots of very nice restaurants in Oxford. You will see when you wander around. Do look in the castle area as the Living Room is very nice also Quod on High Street is nice. I think you will enjoy Jamies but if you think the queue is too long have a look around there are many other nice places to have lunch.

Oxford, UK
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
476 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jamie's Italian

Jamie's is one of my favourite restaurants in Oxford. I would definitely give it a go - I've never seen a queue for lunch, only dinner. It's in an area that's heavily populated with restaurants, so if you find you don't want to wait for a table, there will be plenty of other options.

Manchester
Level Contributor
348 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jamie's Italian

Thank you both, I look forward to trying it for lunch now.

worcester, uk
Level Contributor
444 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jamie's Italian

we went (just two of us) on saturday and walked straight to a table. however, we did arrive at 12:15. when we left at 2pm, we heard them saying that the queue was an hour.

if there is 6 or more of you, then you can book

Manchester
Level Contributor
348 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jamie's Italian

Hi -

Just to say we went to Jamie's Italian on Saturday and had a wonderful meal. We only had to wait 5 minutes for a table and we were situated in the basement which wasn’t ideal but the food was excellent. It was one of the nicest meals we have had.

Thanks for the advice.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,078 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jamie's Italian

Glad you enjoyed your lunch Sam. Hope you had a nice day in Oxford.

7. Re: Jamie's Italian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2010, 05:24