We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deer park in Magdalen colleage

russia
Level Contributor
319 posts
Save Topic
Deer park in Magdalen colleage

We are planning to visit oxford in first half ofthe June and expect that most of the colleages will be close.

I wonder about magdalen colleage deer park - how to get there - via main gates of the college or it is the separate entrance.

Is it open in June?

Is it possible to see the deers or they are living far from the people paths?

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,361 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deer park in Magdalen colleage

Im afraid I cant answer the question about Magdalen college but hopefully someone will be able to.

In the meantime if you are specifically interested in seeing deer roaming freely in a park environment I can recommend Bushey Park ( Next to Hampton Court Palace ) and Richmond Park ( South West London ) Both are well worth a visit.

BB

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Deer park in Magdalen colleage

Magdalen College is usually open from 1pm and there is a charge to enter. You must enter via the porter's lodge which is the main entrance on High Street. Admission includes the cloisters,dining hall and chapel (if open) and the Deer Park.

It's difficult to predict where the deer will be. I don't recall ever seeing them leaning over the gates waiting to be 'petted', usually I find them lounging around in the distance under the branches of a tree.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
976 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Deer park in Magdalen colleage

Opening hours and visitor information here. http://www.magd.ox.ac.uk/college/visitors

If you happen to know a resident of Oxford then he/she can get you into the college free of charge during normal visiting hours as a guest.

4. Re: Deer park in Magdalen colleage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2010, 06:17