We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Woodstock Road B&Bs

OD
Grand Bend, Ontario
Level Contributor
56 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
Woodstock Road B&Bs

Heeding advice of another traveller (thanks Henneth!), my husband and I are now looking for a nice B&B on Woodstock Road.

The College Guest House at 103 Woodstock is close in to town, but the reviews are terrible - noisy, building in poor repair, etc. Any comments?

Is Summertown too far out? There are 2 more on Woodstock, but out in Summertown:

1. Chestnuts, off Woodstock near the A40 Ring Road and

2. Pembroke House, 379 Woodstock.

Does anyone know either? I've seen no independent reviews.

Are there any other B&Bs on Woodstock Road, but closer to town?

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,414 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Woodstock Road B&Bs

OD, you could check with the Oxford Tourist Information Center for specifics. They should be able to tell you about B&Bs on Woodstock Road. You should be able to find the TI online.

Oxford,UK
Level Contributor
190 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Woodstock Road B&Bs

Both Woodstock/Banbury Rd`s are both good areas for accomadation,Summertown is an area along the top end of Banbury Rd too far for walking to/from the city centre but a bus or cab ride are both cheap and simple.

If you eat out 2 good places are Gee`s (banbury rd) or Browns (Woodstock rd) Browns is only a 2 min walk along St Giles and very close to The Randolph,Ashmoleam.

Oxford, UK
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
473 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Woodstock Road B&Bs

Hi, I live just down the road from Chestnuts, so I can probably give you some good advice. Chestnuts is great bc it's quiet and the proprietor is very friendly. It's about 2 miles from the city centre, but is on a direct bus route and the buses come about every 15 minutes. Pembroke House is almost across the street from Chestnuts. Also, there is Marlborough House, which is on Woodstock Road, about 1/4 mile closer to the city, and also on the same bus route. Summertown is another fine option, bc it's also on a direct bus line. Check out OxfordCityGuide.com for other hotel info and for general info about Oxford. Hope this helps!

OD
Grand Bend, Ontario
Level Contributor
56 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Woodstock Road B&Bs

Thanks for all the advice. You guys are wonderful. I just have had a reply from Chestnuts and she seems very helpful.