We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June college closures?

Which Oxford hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
June college closures?

I'm thinking of a day trip in early June (probably the 2nd) and I know there are some exam closures of colleges in June. I do plan to visit the Ashmolean and hope to enjoy a riverside picnic--but I hope I wouldn't be completely shut out on colleges? A couple of years ago I ran into the same issues at Cambridge, but some were open to visitors. I have checked some websites (for example Christ Church College) but they were not specific on upcoming closures. Any information or encouragement would be appreciated!

Oxford, UK
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
473 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June college closures?

As it gets closer to the day, you should contact the individual colleges regarding their opening hours. You can find the contact information here: oxfordcityguide.com/TouristInfo/…all39.html

I recommend Christ Church, Magdalen and Merton colleges.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June college closures?

Thank you--I do tend to get too obsessive about nailing down details WAY in advance! Christ Church and Magdalen were on my short list and I will add Merton--would also like to peek into Balliol, for the Lord Peter Wimsey connection!

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
957 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June college closures?

Opening hours for all the colleges are listed here. ox.ac.uk/visitors_friends/…index.html

4. Re: June college closures?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2010, 07:15