We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tea to celebrate 90th birthday (in Oxford)

London
2 posts
Save Topic
Tea to celebrate 90th birthday (in Oxford)

Where would you suggest to go in Oxford to celebrate my Great Uncle's 90th birthday - preferably somewhere with parking nearby etc. Price is not a concern but they may not be comfortable in anywhere 'Ritz' style. I am also coming with my 5yr old daughter! All suggestions welcome - it is for NEXT TUESDAY!

Dublin
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tea to celebrate 90th birthday (in Oxford)

Hi,

Could try The Randolph Hotel - they have a lovely afternoon tea (check their website, not sure how much you want to spend). It is a 5 star hotel. You could also try The Old Bank Hotel (both hotels have parking).

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
993 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tea to celebrate 90th birthday (in Oxford)

Another option may be "The Old Parsonage" - sister hotel to Old Bank. Details of teas here oldparsonage-hotel.co.uk/main/… They do, unfortunately only have a small car park - the website says oldparsonage-hotel.co.uk/main/…

Eastbourne, United...
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
720 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tea to celebrate 90th birthday (in Oxford)

Another vote here for the Old Parsonage. It really is lovely.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,230 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tea to celebrate 90th birthday (in Oxford)

There are some lovely places to have tea on the High Street but unfortunately there is no parking near by. You would probably have to park in St Clements and walk up which is probably not an option with your Great Uncle. Although you could catch a bus to Queens Lane from St Clements.

I agree that the Old Parsonage is very nice. You might be able to park at that end of St Giles on a Tuesday.

Oxford, UK
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
479 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tea to celebrate 90th birthday (in Oxford)

The Old Parsonage is my favourite place for scones and tea, but the Randolph is a close second - it's old world and opulent and beautiful. Both can accommodate parking, but I would contact them in advance to be sure there is availability. For a group of 6 or fewer, I'd say the Old Parsonage. For more than 6 people, the Randolph has a much bigger room.

In brief - the Old Parsonage is small, a little on the dark side, comfortable and lovely. The Randolph is large with high ceilings, bright, more formal.

Hope this is helpful.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
13,348 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tea to celebrate 90th birthday (in Oxford)

Both are lovely, although the Randolph has a number of steps up to it, if your Great Uncle has any mobility problems.

Hope you have a lovely tea.

7. Re: Tea to celebrate 90th birthday (in Oxford)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2011, 06:58