We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Eve dinner in Oxford

Which Oxford hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Eve dinner in Oxford

Hi

Does anyone know of any good cosy, romantic, traditional english restaurants/pubs for dinner on Christmas Eve in Oxford that aren't too expensive? Would love to hear some suggestions. Thanks!

Eastbourne, United...
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
716 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Eve dinner in Oxford

Hi

There is the Big Bang in Walton Street, although it may have closed/relocated by then as the building in which it is housed is being refurbished. The Turf Tavern is cosy - not sure what the food is like these days.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
945 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Eve dinner in Oxford

The owner of "the Big Bang" (Max Mason) said he's likely to close in April in last night's Oxford Mail.

Newark
Level Contributor
2 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Eve dinner in Oxford

HI

A thought, stay at home & get a chef to come & cook for you. I recently had a great meal cooked at home for me. Just stay at home relax & think - no problems with drinking & driving...see my post

4. Re: Christmas Eve dinner in Oxford

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2011, 04:15