We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars/Clubs in Oxford City Centre

London
Level Contributor
37 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Bars/Clubs in Oxford City Centre

Hi

I'm staying in Oxford for 2 nights next weekend with 4 friends and we wanted to know where the nightlife is on a Saturday night? We are looking for trendy bars and good clubs playing the usual stuff RnB, Funky House etc.

Can anyone recommend places to go? Or should we rethink our location and stay in a different city for the weekend?

Many thanks

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,194 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars/Clubs in Oxford City Centre

George Street is where it is all at, or Park End Street towards the station - here is a pretty comprehensive list http://www.dailyinfo.co.uk/venues/gig

(but to be honest it is OK but not brilliant - maybe I am just getting old :) )

Oxford
Level Contributor
39 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars/Clubs in Oxford City Centre

Would also recommend Jericho for cocktail bars though it's a little bit more sophisticated in Jericho than George Street or Park End Street. The clubs tend to be around Park End Street and Bridge Street. The Bridge on Bridge Street or Escape on High Street spring to mind.

Do you mind me asking how old you are? If under 30 stick with Park End Street.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
976 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars/Clubs in Oxford City Centre

For some reason my U30 friends frequent "Escape" 9 High Street (which is not even on the Daily Info guide)....

4. Re: Bars/Clubs in Oxford City Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2011, 06:24