We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel or guesthouse near Oxford bus station

Which Oxford hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toledo
Level Contributor
399 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel or guesthouse near Oxford bus station

I am hoping that someone familar with Oxford can provide me with some recommendations for moderately priced hotel, guesthouse or B&B which is located within walking distance of the bus station.

In May, we are arriving at Heathrow Airport from the US and plan to take the Airline bus operated by Oxford Bus Co. to Oxford. We arrive in the morning and plan to spend our arrival day and the following day for a brief visit of Oxford before picking up a rental car and heading to the Cotswolds.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
950 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel or guesthouse near Oxford bus station

Gloucester Green bus station is situated almost in the city centre - but the bus from London stops at a number of places on the way to the bus station. Details here www.oxfordbus.co.uk/main.php?page_id=24 As such you could decide to stop in Headington, St Clements etc. So do you want to stay within the centre of Oxford - or would you prefer to be in the suburbs? One to consider in the centre, for example, would be the Buttery in Broad Street - the reviews on this site will give you a more accurate idea of how good or bad the accomodation is.

Toledo
Level Contributor
399 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel or guesthouse near Oxford bus station

Thank you pcw. I looked at the Buttery's reviews and I think that is the place for us. Thanks again.

Oxford, UK
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
468 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel or guesthouse near Oxford bus station

The Buttery is a great place in a fantastic location. Good choice!

4. Re: Hotel or guesthouse near Oxford bus station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2012, 08:59