We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants for a nice lunch

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
838 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants for a nice lunch

Hello everyone,

We are meeting some friends in Oxford in a few Saturday's time and I wondered if anyone could recommend a nice restaurant for a long leisurley lunch where we can stay for a while and have a long chat? Preferably somewhere that we can sit around in comfortable seats once lunch is over and we won' t be rushed to leave?

We are all arriving by train and due to an operation a few months ago I can't walk miles!

Tahnks Sarah

Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, and...
995 reviews
from US$81.80*
Oxford, Cotswolds...
1,268 reviews
from US$126.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge Inner Circle Access Day...
93 reviews
from US$169.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Warner Bros. Studio and...
47 reviews
from US$139.60*
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants for a nice lunch

Others may disagree with me, Sarah, but personally I find Oxford very disappointing for restaurants. Take a cab and go to a nearby village pub, such as the White Hart at Fyfield.

Oxford, UK
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
482 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants for a nice lunch

I recommend the newly refurbished Red Lion in Gloucester Green. It's completely different from how it used to be - it's lovely with a great menu and nice decor. They have a large outdoor area and nice, comfy seats near the bar where you could sit after your meal. Another option, which is even closer to the train station, is The Jam Factory. It's an art gallery/restaurant, and there's a bar area and a lounge area where you could sit after your meal.

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
838 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants for a nice lunch

Thank you both so much - will look up all these options now!

Eastbourne, United...
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
720 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants for a nice lunch

I second the Jam Factory. It is a refreshing place with friendly staff, an interesting menu, inexpensive and you can relax outside if the weather allows.

5. Re: Restaurants for a nice lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2011, 15:44
6. Re: Restaurants for a nice lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 21:16