We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Summertown

Newbury, England
Level Contributor
167 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Parking in Summertown

I want to take my sons to the watermeadow on the other side of the Cherwell from Wolfson College this summer, as I have fond memories of it.........

I expect that there are parking resctrictions all over Summertown these days, so can anyone give advice of where to park (and hopefully for free?)

Thanks,

Fang

Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, and...
1,000 reviews
from US$82.50*
Oxford, Cotswolds...
1,271 reviews
from US$128.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge Inner Circle Access Day...
99 reviews
from US$170.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Warner Bros. Studio and...
48 reviews
from US$140.90*
Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking in Summertown

You can find free parking spaces down some of the residential side streets away from the shopping area. There are normally time limitations though.

Oxford UK
Level Contributor
49 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking in Summertown

As a Summertown Resident may I suggest that looking for free parking of more than 3 hours is not going to happen unless it is the weekend. There is very limited three hour street parking - and it will take ages to find a free space during the week. Best bet is the Park and Ride from Peartree (just off the A34) and bus directly to Summertown or Town Centre

Oxford, UK
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
482 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking in Summertown

I would recommend calling Wolfson College and asking them if you can park on site. They may allow it if it's off season.

4. Re: Parking in Summertown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 13:17