We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Buttery or Oxford Spires Pillars?

Which Oxford hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
34 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
The Buttery or Oxford Spires Pillars?

I am down to two.

Criteria:

- walking for center of town

- breakfast included or reasonable add on

- good size rooms\

- clean and well mainted

And how far to New College?

Please advise

Essex
Level Contributor
27,173 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Buttery or Oxford Spires Pillars?

Well I have stayed at Oxford Spires. I liked it a lot! The room size I/we had was very good and spacious. Breakfast also good IIRC (it was a good 10 yr ago or more...) we even had room-service breakfast at no extra cost - very decadent!

You can walk to the centre of town on the street - the walk goes past Christchurch college, OR you can wallk across Christchurch fields from the Hotel directly to the college - as long as the ground is dry underfoot.

If you don't want to walk, a bus goes past regularly.

Not sure where New College is in relation, but daresay if you look at a map of Oxford yourself, you can work it out.

Have not stayed at The Buttery, so can't give a comparison I'm afraid.

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Buttery or Oxford Spires Pillars?

The Buttery is in Broad Street. Dead centre. Five minutes walk to New College.

I personally wouldn't give two cow droppings about the size of the rooms, you are only using them to sleep in aren't you?

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
950 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Buttery or Oxford Spires Pillars?

Four Pillars to New College is about a mile and a quarter - 25 minutes walk, and 15/20 mins walk for the City centre.

4. Re: The Buttery or Oxford Spires Pillars?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 13:42