We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oxford Day Rider tickets - Confused!

Llanarmon-yn-Ial...
Level Contributor
27 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Oxford Day Rider tickets - Confused!

Hi,

I've been trying to research the Oxford Day Rider 24 hour ticket and am confused. The Stagecoach bus company website says it is £3.90 for an adult or a group ticket is £7.00 and the Oxford Bus company say a group ticket is £8.00? and an adult £4.00

If you buy the pass from one company can you definitely use it with the other? it seems to say the tickets are interchangeable, but I know how competitive the bus companies are!

If they can be used on all buses within the city centre, it looks as if it would be better to buy from Stagecoach buses, unless their prices are out of date?

Also can we use a group ticket for three adults? Oxford bus company says up to 2 adults and 3 children, Stagecoach says the above or 3 adults.

Travelling to Oxford tomorrow, so earliest reply appreciated. Thanks.

Oxford
Level Contributor
50 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oxford Day Rider tickets - Confused!

I quite often buy the day rider and it is £3.90 on Stagecoach and £4 on the Oxford Bus company. You can use them on both but beware. If you buy the Oxford bus company one you won't be able to use it on the night buses. Stagecoach run those and don't accept Oxford Bus day passes on them. They do accept stagecoach day tickets though. Unless I'm going to be out late I just jump on the first bus that comes along. Don't think waiting 10 minutes is worth the 10p saving. I've not bought a group ticket so couldn't be sure of those prices. But the adult price is right.

Llanarmon-yn-Ial...
Level Contributor
27 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oxford Day Rider tickets - Confused!

Thanks for that confirmation Sarahek.

What time do the Night buses take over?

Oxford
Level Contributor
50 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oxford Day Rider tickets - Confused!

About midnight. They'll be marked with N on the timetable. You can check at the bus stop. It will show on it there.

Llanarmon-yn-Ial...
Level Contributor
27 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oxford Day Rider tickets - Confused!

Thank you

5. Re: Oxford Day Rider tickets - Confused!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Oxford
Recent Conversations