We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Im looking for something unusual to do in Oxford

Highworth, United...
Level Contributor
557 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
Im looking for something unusual to do in Oxford

Ive gone to oxford lots of times and know about the general touristy things to do and the layout of the city. Now I'm looking for something a bit out of the ordinary and does not cost a fortune. We are four girls celebrating a bit birthday! We want to go soon, so will probably need to be indoors and FUN or quirky! I don't want to be touring a college with heaps of tourists (this time!)

Any ideas out there please?

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Im looking for something unusual to do in Oxford

You could spend some of your time at The Jam Factory in Hollybush Row. It's a bar/restaurant/art gallery and has board games aplenty so you could head there for coffee or food and play board games. They also have art classes which you might be able to book onto. It's a quirky place and we love it!

Angie

Highworth, United...
Level Contributor
557 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Im looking for something unusual to do in Oxford

Thank you for that, I'll keep the place in mind for another visit with family (though I don't think our group have much of an artistic streak!)

Perhaps I should elaborate on 'fun' - one friend has suggested cocktail making (like drinking them, so more fun making and drinking!) But we still need to fill the day. All other suggestions welcome.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
995 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Im looking for something unusual to do in Oxford

This is a pretty comprehensive website of what's on in Oxford - and may help with a few suggestions: https:/…index.html

Highworth, United...
Level Contributor
557 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Im looking for something unusual to do in Oxford

Thanks for the Oxford guide - full of interesting options I'd not known about. Still not sure what to do as I keep seeing things and finding out that they aren't available until March/April.

5. Re: Im looking for something unusual to do in Oxford

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Oxford
Recent Conversations