We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late night taxis at Gloucester Green

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Late night taxis at Gloucester Green

My wife and I will be arriving on a Monday night in October. Our flight doesn't get to LHR until 2000, so I am guessing that it will be around 2300 (or later) by the time the airport coach gets us to Oxford.

Can we expect to find taxis available at that time of night in order to get to our lodgings? Still haven't decided where to stay, so this might affect our choice.

Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, and...
1,000 reviews
from US$83.10*
Oxford, Cotswolds...
1,271 reviews
from US$128.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge Inner Circle Access Day...
99 reviews
from US$171.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Warner Bros. Studio and...
48 reviews
from US$141.80*
Southampton
Level Contributor
4,780 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late night taxis at Gloucester Green

Yes there will be taxis. George st which is next to Gloucester Green is full of bars so there will be plenty of taxis waiting for drunks students to crawl into them. Bear in mind too that Oxford is pretty small so if you stay in the centre you might be able to walk (depending on luggage).

Oxford UK
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late night taxis at Gloucester Green

Plenty of taxis at Gloucester Green. You'll need to leave the bus station and walk through Gloucester Green itself - the taxis will be parked up next to the Odeon cinema.

Where are you staying? Am assuming you have informed your hotel that you may not arrive until midnight?

3. Re: Late night taxis at Gloucester Green

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2015, 07:16