We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport

Pilsen Region...
Level Contributor
95 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Transport

Hi everyone,

we will be staying three nights in Kennington, just out of Oxford and I am trying to figure out what kind of tickets to buy for our stay.

If I understant it correctly, there´s no weekly paper tickets, just "the key"? I found, that a day ticket should be 4 pounds and the weekly 14.50.

Will we even be using buses for travelling from one tourist attraction to another? We don´t mind walking, but we also don´t want to spend half a day just walking from one place to another.

Is getting a day/week pass worth it or should we rather stick to paying for every journey?

Wander Oxford Walking Tours
Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours
Cotswold Exploring
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Day Trips
Oxford City Walk
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport

Only you know how you're going to organise your days.

You don't need buses to get round central Oxford sights. But most people would rather get a bus between them and Kennington than walk. You might want to go back for lunch, and/or to freshen up before a night's carousing.

Just do the sums. A map of the area covered by the smartcard is at http://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/cms_page_media/238/SC%20OBC%20smartzone%20map%20master%20January%20'14.pdf

Pilsen Region...
Level Contributor
95 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport

How long does it take to get "the key"? Can I just walk up to a travel shop and have it done or does it take longer?

(And I wasn´t even considering walking to Kennington. That´s a bit too far for us.)

I am trying to choose between single for the first day + three day passes versus a week pass. The price isn´t all that different, so maybe the day passes might be a bit easier.

3. Re: Transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 06:16