We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Station

Corralejo, Spain
Level Contributor
295 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Train Station

Hi,

We are coming to visit Legoland next month and are from Spain... after our visit we will be taking the train down to Plymouth to visit some family that live there... I have found a good journey online however I am a bit worried with the time we have to change trains so wondering if anyone can help... We will be taking the train from Windsor Central to Slough and once we get there, we have 11 minutes to change in slough onto the train heading for Reading. Is this enough time ?!? I have no idea how bit the station is and eventhough we will not have much luggage I do travel with a 7 and a 10 year old. Could anyone assist ?!? Then getting into reading we have 10 minutes to change onto the train to plymouth ? is that enough to change platforms ?!? Much appreciated all your help. Sara***

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Station

Should be plenty of time in Slough - the official connecting time is 3 minutes.

It's a bit tight in Reading - the official advice is 7 minutes, so it should still be doable.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,412 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Station

If you want more time for the connections, simply get an earlier train from Windsor and Slough.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train Station

What I have done in the past, is to ask the conductor on the train what platform I need for my next train. If they don't know off hand, more times then not they have found out before I get off the train. It always helps if you know which platform your heading for if your in a rush.

Corralejo, Spain
Level Contributor
295 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train Station

Thank you soo much for all the help... I will ask the conductor on the train what platform we need for the reading to plymouth journey and hopefully it will be enough to get on the train... ;-)

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train Station

You can also find out the platform number from the live departures section on the National Rail website. It's useful if you have mobile web access to check as you approach Reading which platform you need to get to, and indeed, which platform you will arrive on. 10 minutes I'd doable but you'll want to move quickly to be on the safe side, especially if your incoming train is delayed in any way. (And if the next rain is delayed it's always useful to know that so you can save a rush if you know it's running behind time!) of course if you can't get online whilst on huge train, then find the guard and ask.

Languedoc-Roussillon...
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
13,077 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train Station

Reading station isn't enormous even with the new tracks etc, so don't worry too much.

7. Re: Train Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2015, 06:16