We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant for graduation dinner

europe
7 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant for graduation dinner

Hi,

I was hoping someone might be able to recommend a good restaurant in Sheffield for a graduation party of ten people or so. Also if anyone has a recommendation on any hotel that is good for large groups to stay in during the graduation season near to the university??

Thanks!

Sheffield, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant for graduation dinner

I went to 23 Bar and Restaurant after my graduation, as it was a Saturday. i was really nice, it catered for who i took with me. Parents, Siblings Boyfriends, Friends, Grandparent etc (some hard to please people) We had cocktails to begin, couple of bottles of wine, and there's an offer on 3 courses for £18 ( kept people on a tight budget happy), the food really really nice, and well worth it, the service was good and we got given a table in the window.

After the meal, we stayed for drinks, whist some when out the rest of stayed in town. Really good night.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant for graduation dinner

These are all a short walk east of the University tram stop, on the south side of West Street:

Antibo - huge but still comfortable and luxurious, deep fried brie starter maybe £6, main course fillet steak / fois gras / veg etc about £19, pizzas about £10

Piccolo - usual Italian dishes like Carbonara and Canneloni about £9 but very friendly and cosy, been doing the same thing very successfully for well over ten years

Saffron Club - cleaner and prompter service than most curry houses, interesting menu, not just the usual Kormas and Jalfrezis, all under £10

About a mile south east around the A61 ring road just past Waitrose is Baan Thai, incredible interior, lovely food with main courses little more than £10.

If you can afford over £30 per person not including drinks, Rafters in S11, two miles west of these, is well worth it.

Edited: 10 October 2010, 12:57
Sheffield
Level Contributor
813 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant for graduation dinner

nawaab on west street is a fantastic resturant, damons near crystal peaks is also great, la tasca on ecclesall road lovely spanish/mexican food.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
813 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant for graduation dinner

you wont be short of a hotel there are plenty round like your ibis, travelodge, holiday inn, jurys inn, etap. will all be fine with groups aslong as pay up front.

5. Re: Restaurant for graduation dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2011, 06:42