We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which premier inn is best for sheffield city centre?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Which premier inn is best for sheffield city centre?

Hi Can anyone advise which premier inn is better located for the city centre (angel street or st marys gate).Is the Angel street Inn likely to be more noisey?

Many Thanks

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,931 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which premier inn is best for sheffield city centre?

Not much in it - where in the city centre do you want? Angel Street is easier than St Mary's Gate if you are travelling by public transport as it's very close to the tram. St Mary's Gate is on the inner ring road and slightly easier by car.

And not much to choose for noise either.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
529 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which premier inn is best for sheffield city centre?

Either really. The Angel Street one is located next to the markets area, which is looking a little rundown at the moment. Although you're closer to the main shopping street (Fargate). The St Mary's Gate one is closer to the bars - although still a walk to the main drinking area. Both will be fairly quiet I expect. St Mary's Gate is also close to London Rd for some cracking eating spots.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which premier inn is best for sheffield city centre?

Hi

I am visiting for the tramlines festival and will leaving early from the sheffield interchange the next morning, from looking at maps the Angel st one seems nearer the interchange but seemed a little noisier from looking at the reviews.

thanks for your comments

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
514 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which premier inn is best for sheffield city centre?

Angel Street should be Fine. Enjoy the Festival and Have a Good Time in Sheffield.

Lahti
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which premier inn is best for sheffield city centre?

This is a bit late, but I stayed at the Angel St one in late 2010 and it was perfectly quiet and close to the theatres and shops. It was pretty perfect.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
212 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which premier inn is best for sheffield city centre?

Hi folks,

We are planning to possibly stay on Sheffield for 1 or 2 nights as we want to visit Chatsworth House, but the Chesterfield West, Premier Inn is fully booked. Can anyone recommend which Premier Inn is best? We have 2 children aged 6 & 8. Also is there anything nearby that is "don't miss this!" experience with kids?? Was looking at Magna Science Centre but cannot decide if would be majorly boring or fun?? Is expensive for a ticket (& says on website visit be about 4 hours) so want to be sure.

Thanks all, any info greatly appreciated. :0)

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which premier inn is best for sheffield city centre?

Queenio

If you are planning to visit the Magna Science Centre I would suggest the Premier Inn at Meadowhall (just off the M1) as it is only a 5 min drive from Magna. As to whether Magna is worth a visit depends on how inquistive your children are. It is a few years since I visited but as a grown-up I thoroughly enjoyed my long morning there as did the children. All an individual taste.

It may be best to start another post with your questions rather than the add on the existing question - you may get a better response.

Enjoy your visit to Yorkshire/Derbyshire.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
212 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which premier inn is best for sheffield city centre?

Hi there, Thank you very much for your advice. I probably should have said that we are also visiting Chatsworth during our stay. The Chesterfield West Premier Inn looks best but very expensive compared to some others.

Thanks

Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
46 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which premier inn is best for sheffield city centre?

If you are visiting Chatsworth, I'd consider the Ibis Hotel in Chesterfield. It's very central and a lot closer to Chatsworth. I've stayed there myself and is on par with a premiere travel inn.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
212 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which premier inn is best for sheffield city centre?

Thanks very much for your advice.