We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corporation - nearby hotels?

Which Sheffield hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Corporation - nearby hotels?

Hi,

My husband and I require a hotel near the Corporation venue. Prefer to be as close as possible as I'm not going to the concert and will have to walk to meet him afterwards on my own.

Thanks

Chakakhan

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,397 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Corporation - nearby hotels?

Probably the nearest hotel, and best walk, to the Corp is The Novotel on Arundel Gate.‎ 0114 278 1781. I have no connection with this hotel.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
127 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Corporation - nearby hotels?

There is a Premier Inn at St Mary's Gate about five minutes walk away. The other hotels in St Pauls Square Novotel etc are about the same distance oppisite direction but will be more expensive. Get yourself a pint in the Devonshire Cat and the Corporation is just around the corner, Enjoy!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
514 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Corporation - nearby hotels?

The Harley is very Good too. You can reach them at www.booking.com/the-harley. Good Bar nearby, The University Arms. As Kaynob says the Devonshire Cat, is also very Good. Practically round the Corner from the Corporation.

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Corporation - nearby hotels?

The food in the devonshire cat is also spot on. Chips in a tin bucket...get in. Good beers and plenty of choice as well. Step son was right next door in the student digs.

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,397 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Corporation - nearby hotels?

Sorry Domyno but have to disagree with you re The Harley. It may be good but the OP asked for somewhere close to The Corp. Even when I know where both are I would not recommend it as close or easy walk. in an unknown city.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
514 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Corporation - nearby hotels?

It is not Far at all. You are entitled to Your Opinion though, lovewarmercli.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Corporation - nearby hotels?

Thanks everyone, we've settled on the Premier Inn (St Marys) as parking seems the most straight forward there. We'll definitely try the Devonshire Cat for a beer or three!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Corporation - nearby hotels?

Love the Devonshire Cat but usually have a headache the day after. Hope you enjoyed your visit to the Corp, not exactly a ''classy joint'' but great bands and a smashing atmosphere

9. Re: Corporation - nearby hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Sheffield