We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1970s style curry houses in the area?

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
85 posts
307 reviews
Save Topic
1970s style curry houses in the area?

Hi, I love a good curry as per my user name! Can anybody recommend, or point me in the right direction as to where there are any old school style Indian restaurants in Sheffield or anywhere in South Yorks? By old school, I mean stereotypical 1970s interior design- booths, the works! I've been to Sahib's on a previous visit but wasnt impressed. Thanks for your help!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1970s style curry houses in the area?

Try Nirmals on West Street. They've been going for decades, as you can tell from the faded old pics on the wall of the owners with various visiting minor celebrities. Its got booths too, definitely not a modern style, but really cozy.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
127 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1970s style curry houses in the area?

Shapla is the oldest curry house in Sheffield. And it's lovely.

Mentioned in this post
Shapla
Shapla
291 Reviews
Sheffield, UK
Sheffield
Sheffield
South Yorkshire, UK
3. Re: 1970s style curry houses in the area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 09:17