We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap parking near university

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
36 posts
159 reviews
Save Topic
cheap parking near university

Hi I am starting work at Sheffield university in the students union building on durham road and wondered if there was a cheap all day car park near by, I have been told there is one nearby for £2.50 per day but not been told where and I don't know the area at all, Will be grateful for any advice thanks..

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap parking near university

Ask your new employers as there may be special University or SU parking. I cannot think of any close public parking. Parking, indeed, is really difficult in the area with several hospitals - patients and staff - as well as the University students and staff.

Might have to be parking elsewhere followed by bus.

Good luck in your new job.

Edited: 11 June 2013, 20:24
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap parking near university

I suspect the car park that is just £2.50 is one of the temporary ones in the Shalesmoor/Kelham Island area which will be about a 15 minute walk from the University.

There are various multi-storey car parks in the City Centre that do season ticket deals, the City Council website will point you towards information on where the various car parks are and who operates them.

Otherwise there are park & ride facilities on the tram network at Nunnery Square and Middlewood where you can park for the day and get the tram to the University. The park & ride inclusive ticket is £4.50 a day, slightly cheaper if you buy a weekly or monthly ticket. See the Travel South Yorkshire website for more info on this.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap parking near university

I hadn't thought of the temporary ones suggested by Andy. Do be aware that Sheffield is built on hills and it would be a steep morning hike if you parked there. Slide down in the evening though.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
36 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap parking near university

Thank you all for the great advice

Sheffield, England...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cheap parking near university

How did you get on with your parking after this post, I am in the same situation. I haven't started yet but looking at different travel and parking options. I am more concerned about the first day. Thanks.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
36 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cheap parking near university

I have been parking in the car park below the jurys inn hotel in the city centre, which is near the Sheffield and hallom university building. If you park after 7 0 clock it is £2.50 all day but it gets full very quickly . I hope this helps.

7. Re: cheap parking near university

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2014, 06:22