We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renishaw

Which Sheffield hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Renishaw

My wife and I are going to a wedding at The Sitwell Arms Hotel, Renishaw.

We will fly into Manchesteer. What is the best option to travel?

How much - approx - would a taxi be?

Thanks in advance.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
514 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renishaw

Located at Eckington. Train to Sheffield or Chesterfield Stations. Would suggest Bus from There. Taxi is a Option. But could be Costly.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Renishaw

You can get a train direct from Manchester Airport to Sheffield. Stagecoach Buses 53 or 71 pick up from the station to go to Renishaw. www.stagecoachbus.com/localdefault.aspx…

From Sheffield station you are probably looking at about a half hour taxi ride, I would guess a fare of abour £20-£25 in a black cab, slightly less in a private hire taxi (try calling City or Mercury taxis)

Sheffield
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renishaw

Agree with above. Manchester Airport to Sitwell Arms is over 50 miles and lots of it is hilly with no motorway or dual carriageway so you'll be stuck in traffic. Maybe 2 hours if you don't hit rush hour. I don't know cost, but wouldn't surprise me if it was close to £100.

Trains from Manchester Airport to Sheffield are direct every hour, takes about 1 hour 20 minutes. Return £28. There are many other trains too, although you have to change, maybe an extra 15 minutes. nationalrail.co.uk

Then Sheffield station to Sitwell Arms is only 8 miles. Chesterfield, Kiverton Park and Woodhouse train stations are all slightly closer to Sitwell Arms but aren't worth it, you'd have to change trains again, losing a lot of time and not saving much money (if any).

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renishaw

Many thanks for all your help.

The train it is!

Sheffield
Level Contributor
127 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renishaw

Just out of interest, the Sitwell family still live at Renishaw hall nearby their forefathers were great friends with DH lawrence and it is believed Renishaw hall and grounds were the inspiration for Lady Chatterly's Lover. The woodsmans hut is still in the grounds. Little bit of useless information for you there. Enjoy your wedding.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renishaw

Thanks KayNob.

I will let the bride know about the history - she can take it from there.

7. Re: Renishaw

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Sheffield