We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get from sheffield united to the arena

Hilleroed
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
how to get from sheffield united to the arena

I will be going to a match at bramall lane on a tuesday night in november,how is the easiest way to get back to my hotel,the ibis budget 298 aftercliffe common.i dont min walking.

Thanks

Torben

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,642 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to get from sheffield united to the arena

I'd walk up to London Road and get a passing cab. You have chosen to get an hotel about as far from Bramall Lane as could be. If you can rebook, consider a city centre hotel - Jury's is probably the closest for you.

The other advantage of London Road is that it is lined with pubs and restaurants if you fancy that before or after the match or both.

Hilleroed
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to get from sheffield united to the arena

Hi david,

I was considering premier inn st marys gate at 35 gbp but then i got an email from ibis with an offer for 18 gbp a night.At least it sounds good with the pubs on london road.i think i will go to city centre before the game and then walk to the stadion.i have a book where it says it is a 10-15 min walk from sheffield station.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,642 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to get from sheffield united to the arena

Yes the stadium is that sort of walking distance from the railway station and city centre. St Mary's Gate is even closer.

Which Tuesday? Walsall?

Edited: 05 August 2013, 17:45
Hilleroed
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how to get from sheffield united to the arena

Yes it is wallsall,

I will arrive friday at manchester and friday evening i will go to se doncaster-yeovil,saturday i will go and see fulham-swansea,sunday west ham -chelsea,monday wba-aston villa if i can get a ticket and then tuesday sheffield,wednesday i will fly back to denmark after some nice football and good english ale

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
514 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how to get from sheffield united to the arena

Hi Brondby. Been to Vojens for the Speedway. You can Follow Davidblades Advice. London Road has many Bars & Eating Places. However I think Ecclesall Road is Better. For a Drink in the Area. Sheaf View, is Very Good. I drink in the Old Queens Head, in the City Centre. Then Make my Way to the Ground. You can make Your way from the City Centre - Don Valley. By Supertram. Very Easy. In the Hotels Vicinity.You can eat at Sheffield Centertainment. Plus Drink at the Noose & Gibbert. The Hotel Ibis Group, are very Good. It,s all about Choices & Opinions. Enjoy Your Stay in the Uk. And I hope all the Football is Good.

Hilleroed
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how to get from sheffield united to the arena

Hi domyno

Thanks for the advice,vojens speedway is founded by ole olsen a former world champion.i have never been there

Level Contributor
23 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how to get from sheffield united to the arena

Can I just add, if you do decide to take the tram from town, make sure its a yellow route tram (meadowhall). Hope you enjoy your stay :)

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,642 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how to get from sheffield united to the arena

If you are coming from Doncaster to Sheffield by train, consider the Sheffield Tap on platform 1 of the railway station with a great variety of beer. If you would like an even more international choice of beers (but not Danish I'm afraid) the Devonshire Cat in the city centre (just off Devonshire Street/Devonshire Green) is the one.

Sheffield is probably the UK's beer capital. Do enjoy yourself.

Hilleroed
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how to get from sheffield united to the arena

Thanks for all the replies,looking forward to my trip

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: how to get from sheffield united to the arena

The Granville Road tram stop is about 10 mins walk from the football ground, catch a tram from there into the City Centre and change trams to go to the Arena stop which is near your hotel. Plenty of bars and restaurants in the City Centre. An all day ticket for the tram is currently £4. See supertram.com.