We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Party Venue for a Wedding ... any suggestions??

Much Wenlock...
Level Contributor
9 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Party Venue for a Wedding ... any suggestions??

We are getting married abroad but want to have a party for all friends and family back in Shropshire, which is where we live.

We are struggling between deciding to have it in a pub or hotel, or to do it ourselves and book a hall and have a marquee etc. Ideally we would like to leave as much as possible to a venue but we would like to do our own food if at all possible.

Few requirements we have, there will be 100 guests, some children so it needs to be enclosed and child friendly, good views for pictures... can anyone suggest any places they have been or thrown a party in.

Thanks a lot K x

4 replies to this topic
France
Level Contributor
685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Party Venue for a Wedding ... any suggestions??

Have a look at www.ludlowcastle.com or www.fishmorehall.co.uk if you want something elegant.

Shropshire
Level Contributor
46 posts
281 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Party Venue for a Wedding ... any suggestions??

Lovely black & white village hall, atmospheric, safe for children, friendly caretakers, off the A49, beautifully situated & good for photographs but unsure of catering facilities. Has a stage and caretaker on site.

Wistanstow Village Hall near Church Stretton is my suggestion. Phone number is, I think, 01588 673298.

Good luck!

Shropshire
Level Contributor
27 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Party Venue for a Wedding ... any suggestions??

A friend had a party at Wilderhope Manor, a beautiful stone tudor manor house with amazing views. It was gorgeous sipping champagne on the terrace with amazing views. People can stay too! Another friend got married at Delbury Hall in the Corve Dale and she said it was just fabulous. Naturally you can hire village halls at a fraction of the cost and there are caterers who can supply food. I suppose it depends how much you want to spend. Good luck and have a great wedding. x

Much Wenlock...
Level Contributor
9 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Party Venue for a Wedding ... any suggestions??

Thanks for all your suggestions, I haven't had any notifications to my email so was unaware that people had commented, but thank you and now I will look into all your suggestions.

Thanks all xx

Reply to: Party Venue for a Wedding ... any suggestions??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Shropshire
Recent Conversations