We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wroxeter roman village

Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Wroxeter roman village

Hi all,

I'll be visiting the Midlands next month (second week July), and I was thinking of going to Wroxeter roman village for a day trip, probably on a week day. I will be relying on public transport. Getting to Shrewsbury or Telford is straightforward enough, but what about the public transport from there onwards? The info I could find online suggested there are only about 5 buses a day, but that information seemed quite old as well. Is public transport really that irregular? If so, are there any good alternatives to taking a bus?

Thanks!

1 reply
East Midlands
Destination Expert
for Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
2,781 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wroxeter roman village

Yes, you're right. Five buses a day - the 96 - which is not bad considering where Wroxeter is. Get one of the early ones (9 ish or 11 ish) and get one of the afternoon ones back. I'd bet that you can make a return journey with a visit time of something like two, three or four hours on site (depending on how captivated you are by the place) without too much aggro.

Check out the arriva bus web site (or google "bus Shrewsbury to Wroxeter") to confirm departure times.

Reply to: Wroxeter roman village
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted