We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just North of Ludlow

UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Just North of Ludlow

If you have transport try the Crown Country Inn at Munslow - we have never been disappointed with the food or atmosphere. The food is freshly prepared from local ingredients, and the atmosphere are staff are very friendly

Mentioned in this post
Munslow
Munslow
Shropshire, UK
St Laurence's Church
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Churches & Cathedrals, Historic Sites
Stokesay Castle
Castles, Historic Sites
Clee Hills
Nature & Wildlife Areas
sy7
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Just North of Ludlow

And if you are looking for accommodation in the Munslow area, you can't do much better than Elsich Barn Farm in Seifton. Run by George and Mary, a husband and wife team, you will never be disappointed with the food or atmosphere. Breakfast is freshly prepared using local ingredients from their own farm.

Mentioned in this post
Munslow
Munslow
Shropshire, UK
East Midlands
Destination Expert
for Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just North of Ludlow

This the most obvious bit of mutual back scratching by a couple of desperate owners that I have ever seen on TripAdvisor.

I would suggest that everybody treats these posts with the suspicion they deserve.

UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just North of Ludlow

Dear GingerChimp - I can assure you that I am not the owner nor related to the owner, nor do I live in Munslow. I have eaten extensively in Shropshire and the West Midlands and only wished to point food lovers towards somewhere where they will not be disappointed. No axe to grind. I appreciate that reviews which are complaints are helpful in avoiding poor establishments, but good reports from me are just that - unbiased reports

Mentioned in this post
Munslow
Munslow
Shropshire, UK
Shropshire
Shropshire
England, UK
West Midlands
West Midlands
England, UK
East Midlands
Destination Expert
for Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just North of Ludlow

Your user name is elsich - the same as the establishment being recommended by cjewels.

cjewels (Crown Jewels, anyone?) responds to your post recommending the Crown Inn.

You are the owner of Elsich and cjewels is connected to the Crown Inn - it's too much of a coincidence otherwise.

If you are not (and I don't believe that for one moment) then you both made a really poor choice of user names.

France
Level Contributor
685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just North of Ludlow

Considering how many small breweries there are in Shropshire, the ale served at The Crown, Munslow is the worst my partner has had in the county so we didnt stay for the food.

Mentioned in this post
Shropshire
Shropshire
England, UK
Munslow
Munslow
Shropshire, UK
Shropshire
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just North of Ludlow

Dear gingerchimp -or maybe ginger monkey may be more appropriate, I am the owner of the Crown Country Inn and this is the first time that we have seen any comment or left any comment on trip advisor. If you are a true destination expert then you should really do your homework.

My wife and I work extremly hard to ensure that all of our customers leave the Crown happy such as the the people that posted the original report, we do not need to scratch anyones back or post our own reports.

Please look in unbiased guide books such as the GFG, GHG, Michelin and others that we have been included in over the past 8 years and read the comments of real inspectors and not those who scour the internet looking for coincidences that are not relevant!R &J Arnold, Realy living in Munslow

Mentioned in this post
Munslow
Munslow
Shropshire, UK
East Midlands
Destination Expert
for Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just North of Ludlow

I wasn't a DE when I left those comments.

However, you only have to read the first two posts to get an impression that all is not as it seems.

cumbria
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just North of Ludlow

Just spent yet another superb weekend at The Crown. The food was outstanding, as usual, the breakfast first class. All this and a well kept cellar too! We love the friendly relaxed atmosphere at The and would recommend it. We will certainly return again soon.

Gingerchimp must have been in a different pub!

France
Level Contributor
685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just North of Ludlow

I don't think Gingerchimp has been to the Crown at all - just rightly remarking on the coincidence of the first two posts. However, I have been to the pub and although it is lovely inside the real ale my partner had was dreadful and we were highly disappointed.

10. Re: Just North of Ludlow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Ludlow