We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recommendation: Ludlow Historic ghostwalk

Which Ludlow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
recommendation: Ludlow Historic ghostwalk

If you’re looking for an entertaining, memorable night that will leave you with a spooky tale or two of your own, do yourself a favour and take this tour if you’re visiting Ludlow. I enjoyed it so much I did it twice.

Two masterful storytellers - Dr Atlas, a Victorian doctor with a worrying preference for sharp knives and Mr Beltain, a charming gentleman with a mischievous glint in his eye are your guides for the evening. Brandishing gas lanterns, they step into the shadows and invite you to walk with them into the night, if you’re brave enough...

The walk ventures through Ludlows dark and fascinating past, down eerie trails in the shadow of the mighty castle walls and through a dimly lit graveyard. The show features mysterious, evocative stories, startling recreations of dark deeds that happened in the town many years ago, and plenty of audience participation! One minute we were witnessing the dramatic demise of poor Marion de Bruyere who was betrayed by her lover and threw herself from the castle walls, the next we were discovering the macabre true meaning of the term ‘dead ringer’. There’s a few scary surprises.....but I won’t spoil it here – you’ll have to go on the walk yourself to find out.

How can you resist?! The ghostwalkers leave the historic Buttercross , in the centre of Ludlow at 8pm every Friday eve between Easter and December. Don’t forget your torch!

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: recommendation: Ludlow Historic ghostwalk

Sounds great, how long is it and price.

England
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: recommendation: Ludlow Historic ghostwalk

Its a real laugh - from memory I think the walk lasted around an hour and a half, and costed £4 for adults (less for kids). Definitely wrap up warm though if youre going during the winter months!

Nottingham, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: recommendation: Ludlow Historic ghostwalk

Sounds good!

I am in Shropshire next week so may just go along with your recommendation :)

England
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: recommendation: Ludlow Historic ghostwalk

Great - hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)

5. Re: recommendation: Ludlow Historic ghostwalk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Ludlow