We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Hotel ?

Dorset
Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Which Hotel ?

Planning to pay a (very long overdue) return visit to Shrewsbury in the early summer

Could you recommend a nice hotel for us to stay in preferably within walking distance of the centre restaurants etc. and with parking

Thanks

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,549 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Hotel ?

This one might fit the bill, though it is some years since last I stayed.

www.thelionhotelshrewsbury.com

Dorset
Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Hotel ?

Thanks - it looks like a possibility

France
Level Contributor
685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Hotel ?

Be aware that The Lion is currently on the market. We've been there for a drink on occasion but never stayed there. The ground floor is very nice and they do have parking. You might also look at the following: www.madjacks.uk.com or www.tudorhouseshrewsbury.co.uk. They're both very central and the Tudor House gives details of nearby parking.

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
75 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Hotel ?

Stayed at the Sandford House Hotel in November for two nights very central, within easy walk to river. If you are staying in the summer lovely garden at back of hotel.

Dorset
Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Hotel ?

Thanks Zeb and Wolf - I appreciate your suggestions and will bear them in mind for our visit

(Although I must say that my wife has a rare allergy and the mention of "air fresheners" is taboo in our household - they result in the need for pethidine and epipen injections which are to be avoided)

Such is life !

Regards

Shropshire UK
Level Contributor
657 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Hotel ?

Prince Rupert is within the town. As advised would probably steer clear of The Lion at the moment due to some highlighted financial issues. Check out the B&B's on TA as well as an alternative

Dorset
Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Hotel ?

Thanks Lardy for your useful guidance - which I will certainly bear in mind

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Hotel ?

I do not recommend the Lion Hotel at all. Avoid at all costs! The food is nice but accommodation is simply awful for the price.

9. Re: Which Hotel ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Shrewsbury
Recent Conversations