We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 night in Bath on the 6th of Sep

UK
4 posts
Save Topic
1 night in Bath on the 6th of Sep

I am trying find somewhere central to Bath for Saturday the 6th of September for 1 night for a reasonable price...

I have contacted hotels in Bath and a lot of them will not have weekend bookings for less than 2 nights??? or are fully booked.

I am looking for a Double or Twin room on the above date in a hotel / guest house in or near the city centre.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 night in Bath on the 6th of Sep

Hi k3hoe

We had the same problem a few years ago and found the Holiday Inn Express perfect - not only did they enable us a basic cheap stay for just one night on a Saturday but they were close to the city centre, clean and service was good.

www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/925/en/hd/qqzba…

UK
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 night in Bath on the 6th of Sep

Thank you for the speedy reply, I have had a look at the hotel and even though the location in good the price is £135 for the 1 night!!

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 night in Bath on the 6th of Sep

yikes they've hiked the price a bit then!

Somerset UK
Destination Expert
for Devon
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 night in Bath on the 6th of Sep

It looks like there is a vacancy at the travelodge. Not the central one but the Waterway? one. £90 for a room.

UK
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 night in Bath on the 6th of Sep

I have managed to find a room at the YMCA in Bath, hardly romantic but it may do the job for £48 in total the only downside to the stay is there is no parking and I imagine Bath will be expensive for x2 days?

Another downside would be that the rooms are not ensuite so would have to go down the hall for our showers in the morning!!

Just trying to weigh up the best option now!! I have got to say this has been the trickiest stay to arrange by far!!

Again any more help is much appreciated

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 night in Bath on the 6th of Sep

To be honest, and with all respect, you are not going to find one - you are going to one of the most popular cities in the UK, at peak season, at a weekend, for one night and despite some good advice and some successes you keep coming back for better answers. Referring back to my earlier post - we went through this a few years ago and settled very happily for what we got. I hope you do indeed find the Ritz-at-Bath for a fiver but maybe you need to come down to earth a bit and reality. Otherwise stay somewhere away from Bath and drive in and use the Park and Ride for a day.

UK
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 night in Bath on the 6th of Sep

I appreciate the feedback Jim, I am just trying to find the best option, all the comments made (including yours) has been helpfull...

Ritz for a fiver = A great deal

I am not however looking for that just trying to do my homework then make a decision based on all the information provided isn't that the reason for the the Forum?

Thanks

8. Re: 1 night in Bath on the 6th of Sep

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 14:21