We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cricket st thomas

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
644 reviews
Save Topic
cricket st thomas

is the wildlife park still open. a google search is not very conclusive and is leading me to think it is closed after reading an article from september 2009 that it was shutting for refurbishment and the larger animals were being moved.

1. Re: cricket st thomas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 16:41
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
644 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cricket st thomas

Thanks for that. I did wonder if it had become more of a garden type thing from something else I found on the internet.

Shropshire
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: cricket st thomas

We went to the "Wildlife Park" at the weekend as all of the signage was still up and we had no idea that it had closed.

The park is rubbish. It costs £5.00 to go into the "Lakes and gardens" to see the asnimals. THERE ARE NO ANIMALS. We wandered around for ages and idn't see any. My 3 year old boy was really upset. The gardens are disgusting, FULL OF WEEDS and SWAN POOH EVERYWHERE. It has obviously not been bothered with and THEY DON'T GIVE REFUNDS.

Dorset
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cricket st thomas

The wildlife park, contrary to the road signs, is closed. There are a few animals - deer, some wallabies and a few flamingos - but the rest of the park is just left fallow. There are a couple of "planned gardens" but most of the rest is weeds. The tea shop is now closed because they have opened an Italian restaurant - silver service and price! Do not be under the illusion that his is a place to go with children - come to think of it, do not go with anyone!!

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cricket st thomas

Some people must walk around with the sole intention of finding something to complain about!

My partner and I have just returned from a weekend break and found the grounds to be in good order and so nice to walk around we did not even contemplate going anywhere else for the whole three days. They certainly DO NOT look uncared for or covered in weeds.

With regards to animals, they have also got Meerkats, Cappuccino Monkeys, Coypu and Lemurs. We visited Lemur Wood several times where they are free to roam and NEVER saw less than 7 at any one time, sometimes a lot more and they are inquisitive enough to come right up to visitors.

Sometimes people do not realise that to see animals properly they need to wander around quietly and have a little patience. If they want to see animals close up and at their immediate convenience I suggest a zoo instead.

6. Re: cricket st thomas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2011, 05:16