We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bath schedule - please review.

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,585 posts
454 reviews
Save Topic
Bath schedule - please review.

I planning to catch the 8:30 train to Bath. Next I plan to take the free tour starting the Roman Pump House at 10:30. Around 12:30 I will go to lunch after which I will tour the Roman Pump House. The costume museum is my last stop for the day. I would like to be back in London around 5:00 pm. Is this possible?

Mayor's Honorary Guides
Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Mad Max Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Bizarre Bath
Sightseeing Tours
Around and About Bath
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Food Tours
Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
11,132 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bath schedule - please review.

I assume you mean the Roman Baths and the Pump Rooms ? and do you mean you want to be back in London at 5:00pm (difficult) or leave for London at 5:00pm ?

There is a lot to see and do in Bath, and it should be appreciated at leisure. You are rather rushing it, why not spend a full day here, catch a train back later in the evening ? or do you have to be back in London for something.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
11,132 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bath schedule - please review.

I have just noticed I have 10 Travel Map Pins. Does anyone have a clue what that means ?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,933 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bath schedule - please review.

If you look in your profile you will see a world map. You must have at soem time listed places you have been. These are your travelmap pins.

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
41 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bath schedule - please review.

I just returned from an England tour, which included Bath. It is fabulous and I could have easily spent a couple days there. We were on a bus tour and restricted to about 3 hours, so you can see a lot in a few hours........if you don't take the time for lunch. Take along an apple and spend your time going through the exhibits. They are unbelievable. Also, there are lots of books and postcards for sale that will add to your trip. Have a great time!

DesertRose49

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
39 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bath schedule - please review.

We also have one day in Bath before heading to Stonehenge for the stone access tour at 7:30.

Does anyone have advice on must see attractions in Bath for a day?

Thanks

hsj
London, United...
Level Contributor
477 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bath schedule - please review.

My choice would be

1 Roman Baths

2 Flat comfortable shoes so that you can walk easily around the city centre - Pulteney Bridge to Royal Crescent etc

Somerset UK
Destination Expert
for Devon
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bath schedule - please review.

FAO Roman Citizen

I don't know how often you check your messages but I've sent you one with more details about how "travel pins" work.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
11,132 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bath schedule - please review.

WaltR, been away on a jaunt, now got your mail, tvm.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,655 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bath schedule - please review.

when we were there we spent well over an hour seeing the baths - then did the hop on hop off bus tour as it poured with rain - then lunch and shopping - spent 5 hours in Bath - and really would have loved to have stayed longer

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,585 posts
454 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bath schedule - please review.

Thanks for all the great information.

Get answers to your questions about Bath